Saturday, May 2, 2009

Getting My Life Back

5/2/09

I got to go out tonight, on a Saturday night.  This is a BIG DEAL because for a long time now I've been too tired and too sick to go out in the evening.  It was fun to get a babysitter, get dressed up and go out with friends. What a normal thing to do.  I looked at myself in the mirror in the bathroom and I even looked normal.  Maybe soon I'll start to FEEL normal again.  I ended up getting super tired and came home early, but it was fun anyway.  I even got to drink a margarita.  What a thrill!  I haven't drank alcohol in months, aside from the toast I had to celebrate the end of chemo.

My stomach still hurts.  I'm beginning to think maybe it's a side effect of the arimidex.  Another good night's sleep last night!  And no nightmares.  I think I may be getting my normal life back.  I never thought I'd be so grateful for NORMALCY!



No comments: