Monday, May 18, 2009

15 Down, 18 To Go

5/18/09

I'm almost at the half way point.  More PT today and the therapist I have is awesome- young and smart and she has taught me that the scar on my underarm is causing my range of motion to be restricted.  She showed me how to loosen up the scar tissue.  It hurts, but it feels good knowing I'm getting my arm back.

I went roller blading for the first time in a long time today.  30 minutes.  It was so nice.  I got in a good night's sleep last night.  I  googled "sleep meditation" and a bunch of stuff on Youtube popped up.  I watched a few videos of nature scenes with music playing and I finally got to a crazy looking guy who started off in that calm, go to sleep voice.  The counter said it was supposed to last 10 minutes.  Next thing I knew it was 7 hours later and morning time!  I've tried to find the video again, but have lost it.  I've got a few other ones I'll try tonight.  It's amazing at how much better I feel when I've had some sleep.  The girls and I went for a walk this evening- it turned into 30 minutes when we took a wrong turn.  It was nice, though, because we got to see a new part of the neighborhood.  I got home so tired and am ready for a bath and bed now.  No stomach ache today!  I had some Reiki this morning and it was so relaxing.  Maybe I just need to start every morning off that way...

No comments: