Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Another Good Day

5/6/09

Another good day of feeling NORMAL!  I went for a 30 minute walk today and felt great, but by the time I got home, I was pretty tired.  I just realized that I'm pretty sore too.  I've got a soccer game and a babysitter tomorrow, so I'm going to give it a try.  I hope I can hang onto my gratitude for normalcy.  I remember in the Gulf War we didn't have showers.  In order to bathe, I would stand in an outside, make-shift shelter, strip down, and use cold bottled water to wash with.  This went on for 9 months and in the winter months it was terribly cold and miserable.  Once I got back to the U.S.  I had such gratitude for hot showers.  I would stand in the shower and just be filled with joy.  That was so many years ago, but I've held onto that hot-shower-gratitude.  Every morning I spend a few minutes in the shower bathed in gratitude.  

My hope is that I will come out of this period of sickness bathed in gratitude for all the things I never thought about before.  I can imagine how rich and full and happy my life could be if I lived in gratitude every day.  

7 Down, 26 To Go!

No comments: