Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Better Today

11 DOWN, 22 TO GO


I saw the acupuncturist today.  It was nice to have a chance to lay quiet on the table for 45 minutes after work and before picking up the girls.  I got home feeling much better and was able to make dinner and clean up before needing to go lay down.  I also got in a 25 minute walk, but felt pretty tired and had sore muscles during it.  I'm still being told that I should be taking it easy with the exercise as my body is still doing lots of internal healing work.  

I read something today that said something about when you're feeling worn down, look at something not made by human hands and you will feel better.  I arrived at radiation about 10 minutes early, so I sat in the sun by the river and made a point to look at only non-human made things- the water, the trees, a huge nutria, and a bunch of wild flowers.  Even though I only had 10 minutes, it worked!  I felt peaceful and calm going into radiation today.  I even had what should have been a big upset happen, but it didn't get to me through my nature shield!

1 comment:

PodPoet said...

A giant nutria? Oh my gosh, that would have scared the living daylights out of me! I'm so jealous of all the wonderful nature you live among and with and near.