Wednesday, May 20, 2009

17 Down, 16 To Go...FLIP DAY!!!!!

Today is the day!  I've passed the half way mark.  It was such a beautiful, peaceful day today.  An easy day at work, and I got to have a long lunch outside by the river with  friends.  No stomach ache, stable mood, and I roller bladed 20 minutes.  Karina is gone for the next 2 nights on a camp out, so no kid squabbles!  I couldn't ask for a more peaceful day.

I worked today on finding things to be grateful for about the cancer center while I was waiting.  I had a long wait today as they were running behind.  I found that I was able to remain calm and peaceful and to not hate the place so much when I did my gratitude list.  I am grateful that the place is so close- about 10 minutes from work.  There are plenty of people who have to drive an hour or more to get radiation.  I'm grateful that my insurance is covering this, as it's quite expensive.  I'm grateful it's so close to the river so that I can be on a path by the river within 5 minutes of completing a radiation session.  

Ok, Kaycee and I are CELEBRATING flip day.  Not sure how just yet, but I know it'll be fun!



No comments: