Friday, May 1, 2009

3 Down, 30 More!

May 1st, 2009

I'm home again today with two sick kids.  The killer Chavez stomach bug (109 of about 400 kids were out of school- Chavez Elementary- yesterday) struck here.  I think I have a touch of it too, so I'm taking it easy today.  We got to sleep in till 10:00 this morning, and it felt SO GOOD to finally catch up on my sleep. 

I'm happy to say my sleep has been better the past few nights, and my hot flashes have been down to 1 a night.  I'm thinking the acupuncture must be helping!  I actually had a good dream for a change.  I was traveling on a cool trip to Australia.  

I found out yesterday (not a dream) that I have the opportunity to take a trip to Vancouver, Canada in June (thanks to my nice friend R).  I'm so excited! The apartment the girls and I can stay in is right down town and close to beaches and swimming pools.  I had the thought that by then I'll have about 1 1/2 inches of hair and no one will know me there, so I can go hatless and wigless and enjoy some freedom!  

I'm also happy to say that my mood has been pretty stable and I haven't felt like a crazy person in a few days at least!  I'm hoping that I'll have energy to play with the girls some this weekend. I've got a soccer game on Sunday that I'd love to go to.  I'll wait and see how I'm feeling.  The great thing is that I'm realizing that I will be able to play soccer again, and run again.  Last week I felt like I'd never be able be active again.  I'm so glad I'm past that!

No comments: