Saturday, January 17, 2009

My "Doll"

1/17/09

Whew, I am finally calmed down and feeling better. Wonder if it was the adivan? Or just that I finally took some time to cry and to call a friend and to talk. I don't know, but the worst is past and I'm exhausted and hoping to try to sleep.

Had to write about funny Kaycee. Last week I came home from my mind/body class and walked into my bathroom and saw a head sitting on my bathroom counter. It gave me quite a start. It was my plain white wig head, but Kaycee had gotten ahold of it and colored it in so that the whole head is now sort of skin colored, and she has eyes. The eyes are scary and freaky- the POP out of the head. Tonight I was trying to have my emotions when she called out to me, "Mama, I combed your doll's hair and fixed her mouth!" I went into the bathroom and she used my lipstick to color the mouth, and she had wet the wig down and combed it. She was quite proud of herself and I was wondering if there is not anything off limits to her. I was really annoyed, but then I could see that it was her way of trying to cheer me up. The hair is now all flat with very straight bangs. I guess it was too fluffy anyway. Really it's kind of funny- it does look like a doll. I used to have one of those Barbie heads when I was a kid that you could put make up on and do up the hair. That's what Kaycee has created for me.

Time to sleep.

No comments: