Friday, January 23, 2009

Chemo Cave

1/23/09

A friend mentioned how people go into a "chemo cave" in the days after getting chemo, and I get that now. It's where I'm at right now. I think I learned something from last time that is making this recovering time easier. I learned that it's important to not move very much and to not do very much. Whenever I lie still, I feel ok. When I move about the house too much, I get that motion sickness feeling. I am SO happy to say that the uncomfortable body feeling is not happening right now. Hopefully it won't happen at all this time- that's the worst feeling I've ever experienced.

The actual day of chemo started out hard. I was so stressed and so didn't want to go that I cried the whole way there. B (my sponsor) came with me and just encouraged me to have my feelings. I went into the office with red, puffy eyes. All the chairs but one were full and I didn't really like the idea of being there with so many other people. They ended up being over-full, so they offered me the meditation room that day for the chemo. What a huge blessing that turned out to be. I got my own chemo suite.

Not feeling too good all of a sudden, so more later.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Krista, I'm envisioning you warm and cozy (and recuperating) in your chemo cave! Thinking of you lots and lots, friend.