Monday, February 2, 2009

A Good Blood Draw

2/2/09

It's February! Yeah! I went for a walk in my neighborhood and there are bulbs shooting up everywhere- Oh how I am looking forward to spring. Two people today emphasized the importance of exercise for me, so I was motivated to walk. My legs are so sore, but it felt GREAT to get outside on another beautiful day.

My white blood cell count was way high today. Which I guess is good. I didn't need another shot anyway. Normal is between 4 and 10 (I think). Last time I was at about 2, and this time it was in the 40's. Not sure what happens if it gets that high, but the nurses weren't concerned, so I won't be either. It gets harder and harder walking into the doctor's office. Today while I waited the chemical, medical smell was grossing me out so much. It's like my feet get encased in cement when I walk in the door and I have to drag myself up the stairs. I tried reciting my gratitude list today while I was waiting. I am so grateful to be past my surgeries and I'm so grateful to have that damn tube out of my body. I think overall I felt much worse right after the surgeries than I do with the chemo. This is just dragging on and that makes it hard. Plus, it's hard when I feel so good and I just want to keep feeling good forever, and I know I have to feel bad again for a bit.

I got a video today in the mail about Mexico. It looks so beautiful! There was a little clip on swimming with dolphins. The girls and I watched it and it's giving us something to dream about. The sand looks warm and I would love to spend a day building sand castles with the girls.

I have never appreciated my finger nails as much as I do now. I've never even really paid attention to them. They are way high up on my gratitude list.

No comments: