Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Taste of Normal

Dec 28, 2008

I got to go on a date last night with F to the hot tubs in town and it was exquisite. As soon as I sunk into the water, my arm felt great- weightless and almost pain free. Ahhhh, it was nice. It was the first time I've submerged in water since before this last surgery. As I type this, I've got a bath filling up for myself. I think warm water is going to be key in healing my arm. It was nice, too, to be on a date and to feel almost like my old self.

I realized today that I've got some energy, but just not enough to do what I used to do. I was talking to my friend D about how I'm kind of bored. I realized that much of my time was filled with house work and going places with the girls. I can't really do much house work, so I have all this time on my hands. I need some new hobbies I think. I used to do some quiet things when I stayed home with Karina when she was a baby- I quilted and did scrap booking. Maybe I could start that again. Mostly I'm missing soccer and skiing. I'd be skiing right now if things were different.

We went to a Duck basketball game and that felt good and normal. More chemo tomorrow. Blah. I'm not getting my head shaved- just cut really short for now. It's all I can do.

1 comment:

Dandi's Strength said...

have fun with the haircut.