Friday, April 17, 2009

The Surgery

4/17/09

The surgery is over and I'm home recovering.  It went fine and I was much less anxious than during the previous two.  I threw up afterwards, and again on the drive home on the side of the road, and that was the worst of it so far.  My tummy muscles aren't working too well, so sitting up and getting out of bed is tricky.  But, I feel like I'm going to heal quickly.  Funny, I never threw up all during the chemo, but I sure did yesterday.  I HATE throwing up!  Especially on the side of the road.  Ah, well, at least it's over.  I'm home resting now, hanging out with the cats and watching the rain fall and waiting to go to my acupuncture appointment.  More later.

2 comments:

Geek Knitter said...

Rainy days are good for healing! At least you don't have to stifle the impulse to go outside and do too much.

PodPoet said...

Krista good to hear you're through with the surgery! I was thinking of you yesterday. I hate throwing up too. The worst case for me was last year aboard a plane that just took off from Denver headed to Florida. It was altitude sickness and it hit me so suddenly I didn't even have a chance to grab the barf bag. NOT a pretty sight. I thought the guy sitting next to me would be totally grossed out, and I felt more embarrassed than ever in my life. But he calmly summoned a flight attendant, had her bring me some paper towels, and then said, "Hey, it could happen to any of us.". I look forward to talking to you about your birthday present!