Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Waiting

11/25/08

Still waiting. I called the doctor's office yesterday to see if any results were back yet and left a message. No word yet. Called the VA again and left a message. No word yet. Kaycee was home sick with me yesterday, so I had an opportunity to rest and mommy her. It was not so bad having company. I got out for a walk last night when a friend came over. I thought I'd just go for a short one, but it was so beautiful out, very cold and foggy, and I ended up walking for almost an hour. I was very sore and tired when I got back in, but my spirits were great. I was a little sad that my legs were so sore- I wonder how long it will be before I can get back to playing soccer. But, I'm so glad that I seem to be healing so well. I am sleeping a lot still and sleeping very well. I slept in yesterday and today until about 10:00- something I NEVER do. I felt like I could have kept on sleeping, but the phone began ringing.

I have the feeling today that I'm done with the cancer thing and ready to get back to my regular life. I wonder if I just skip the doctor's appointment tomorrow if I could just go back to normal?
I know the answer to this, but its nice to imagine it anyway.

1 comment:

Geek Knitter said...

There's something to be said for magical thinking.

I bet your soccer-legs come back fairly quickly. It's like my mom's oncology team told her once, "Except for the cancer you're healthy as a horse."

She wanted to kick them...