Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Ghouls

3/15/09

The ghouls disappeared for a while, but came back again this morning as I tried to get up and get going with the day.  I wondered if they could follow me everywhere, or if there was to be any escape.  I had a morning soccer game, and I haven't played in a couple of weeks, so I decided to go. It was hard not to just crawl back under the covers and spend the day in bed with the ghouls- they were really tugging at me.  But I kicked them off and got dressed and went to soccer.  It turns out they couldn't follow me onto the soccer field!  I forgot all about them for a whole hour.  No goals today, just a hard ball in the face.  I don't care though, it felt so good to be playing.  After the game, I figured I had lost them, but when I got home, they were waiting for me.  They grabbed hold of me as soon as I stepped into the house and I started sobbing.  I was exhausted, so I decided to lay down for half an hour and let them do what they wanted with me.  They crawled into bed with me and said cruel things, like about how I could only play soccer for 10 minutes at a time before needing to rest.  They snickered about how I used to be able to play a whole game without subbing out and now I was too weak.  I let them say what they wanted, knowing they were just trying to pull me into the muck. After 30 minutes I got up and got lunch for the girls.  Karina had her final basketball game today, and they didn't follow me to the game.  Her team won the championship and I was so happy and proud of her!  I'm home now and back in bed.  I'm very tired, but the ghouls seem to be satisfied with the 30 minutes I gave them earlier, so they are gone for now.  Fucking Bastards. D is taking the girls and I out for dinner to celebrate basketball, and the ghouls are NOT invited!

1 comment:

PodPoet said...

Yay Karina! Krista please send my congrats to Karina and her team for winning the championship! I think that was as clear a sign as any that powerful factors in your life are ready to battle those ghouls for you.